I am about to cook a trout for Friday lunch.
Leo’s Tea-For-Two “Law Of Attraction”
-
Some day, I think that this guy is just really, really dumb. But then I
reflect that first, nobody can be that dumb, and second, that he must have
had, dur...
1 week ago
+fl.jpg)
5 comments:
Delicious! Enjoy.
I am going to be foolish enough to write what I have often said : I strongly suspect, howsoever scared stiff I am in fact of martydom and persecution, that when the Church in England is serious again the prison population will be be, as it was in the fifties, 50% catholic (when 15% of the population were), so that inmates got fish on fridays.
Witness a verse of the song "strangeways hotel", about strangeways prison , Machester, not explicitly a catholic song, tho sing it we did on pilgrimages:
"there's fish every Friday, there's fish three foot wide
It covers up the plate- and hangs over the side
you can tell that it's Friday, just by the smell
For the fish have all done time in the Strangeways hotel"
Ch "ehup, I can tell, oola -oola,
they've lots of /some bl...y strange ways at the S.Hotel"
I trust your trout be tastier and wholesomer than institutional fish, be that as it may,just as, why as sons in the sun should we be too temerous of our Almighty father to ask for a cherry ont' top when we're asking for a cupcake? Mutatis mutandis, how come, on top of whatever our sins backsliding confessions,and repentance, our will and aim is, for and through the love of Christ jesus in his church,and our fellow man, to be light and salt , we shouldna have the cherry of a visible Catholic identity ? Hench Fish in Friday makes meatlessness very visible!
Goodonyer!
And ¡buen provecho!
It has the features of a modernist!
Richard, I think you're wrong: I detect a touch of wisdom , and see no sign of smug selfsatisfied bonhomie.
Of course, once on a plate....
TH2 Thanks - I did!
Mike - Agreed - we should be very visible. The song is real folk. As to the prison population, a Jesuit prison Chaplain said about 25 years ago, when taunted by a protestant with the high percentage (44%) of Catholics amongst the prison population, "I wish it was 100%!".
Richard - brilliant - that glum, rather stale look!
Mike - a very Schubertian trout!
Post a Comment