Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Let Them Rave

Living in Poland, I have, happily, no access to English newspapers, in which, I have no doubt, the usual scribblers and would-be pundits are already in full cry after the resignation of our Pope. Let us live and die secure in our God-given Faith, and ignore the baying rabble of loud-mouths.

In the words of Tennyson, "Let them rave". They have nothing to say which is worth hearing.

God bless our Pope, and his successors.

4 comments:

sam said...

The number of people writing about the need for a liberal pope in the British media is always shocking. Considering that they aren't Catholic and that liberal ideals haven't helped the CoE it never seems logical.

Left-footer said...

Sam_acw - Very good point. They are as logical as the person who complains that the packet of peanuts he bought contains nuts.

Mike Cliffson said...

Spanish jouralists who will almost universally had first communion after 3 years of catechesis ALSO manage to be an ignorant opinionated much of an enemedia muchness - there may be plenty of evil in the vatican, God alone knows any is too much, but what they occupy prime time doing is analysing every last thing and cardenal in terms of 21st century party politics, which just rings both hollow and ignorant.

Chris Hall said...

The British media are in full cry regarding the retirement of the Pope. Full cry that is about their favourite topics when it comes to Catholicism. They don't seem to be able to snap themselves out of some Pavlovian reaction where they have to get a dig or some snide remarks in.

I'm not a Catholic but I think Benedict XVI has carried out a difficult task with grace and love. He's brought a lot of Catholic theology alive to me and he also writes a good book! I'm sad to see him go in a way.