With the present canaillerie in charge at the Vatican, with Catholic doctrine seemingly in tatters, with a Pope I find utterly loathsome, and a two-faced German Bishop henchman sneering at African Catholics because they don't approve of sodomy, the problem to face is:
How do I explain to non-Catholics my curious choice of religion?
Leo’s Tea-For-Two “Law Of Attraction”
-
Some day, I think that this guy is just really, really dumb. But then I
reflect that first, nobody can be that dumb, and second, that he must have
had, dur...
1 week ago
4 comments:
Holy Church is not the Vatican, the Pope or the bishops. It is Christ's mystical body, and He wants us to belong to it. Catholic doctrine is not in tatters: it is unchanged. Some people's perception of it, sadly, is corrupted.
tempus putationis - Thank you for your reply which is, of course, absolutely right.
I did write "seemingly in tatters", because that is how it seems. The problem for many of us is pride - we do not wish to be too closely associated with the current hierarchy.
God bless!
Since my primary schooldays I have hated agendaed knowitalls who say" historical figure x would or wouldnt ve done such and such"
But given St
Thomas More,s intimate political knowledge, as chancellor of the realm, of the seamier side of Rome in his day, I can appreciate the reasoning of those who say the papacy is NOT where he would have chosen,given the choice, to defend the church at...
Maybe so.
But, forgive me, as far as I am concerned the prods who cant convert and only carp can lump it.
At 13 I was too slow to work up to reply to an atheistic and radically anticatholic master at a oft virulently prod school gloating over Dantes attacks on popes asPROOF that the papacy was antichristian.
It took me hours to articulate the idea that, even without the holy spirit, if the defects or deeds of the man should negate the very existance of the office, then on what empty authority hectoreth so mUch as the least of schoolmasters.
Im sure St Thomas could put all that better more pithily and wittier than I.
Cheer up!
God bless!
Mike - thank you for your wise comment. Sorry for the delay in replying - I can only plead overwork.
God bless!
Post a Comment