I believe that the Justice of God is beautiful, adorable, and perfect.
As St Thomas Aquinas states, "In order that nothing may be wanting to the felicity of the blessed spirits in Heaven, a perfect view is granted to them of the tortures of the damned"
I too hope to witness their punishment, from the safety, comfort, and joy of Heaven, with my celestial popcorn.
If I were to publish here a list of those whose sufferings I would like to watch, would that amount to a 'hate crime'?
Homosexuality, Padre Pio, And Great Uncle George.
-
There is, apparently, another fashionable VII priest who is doing very fine
in the US. A sort of Corapi 2.0, or, if you wish, a Barron pre-bishopric.
His n...
13 hours ago
8 comments:
I posted two typofilled versions
For the record, what I am sure you know:
Indubitably, which is beside the point."Hate speech" is an invention of this world, especially when hearing such unwelcome truths as that unnatural sexual acts are sins, or that abortion is murder , divorce and remarriage adultery- there are many reasons for telling the truth , not the least being that ,like all of us, perps may feel contrition , relent, confess and be saved, rather than in today's (novus ordo) first reading where the iron gets into the proud man's soul so much that he is incurable and incorrigible.
Those faithful departed in the church triumphant have no drop of dross left in them , so there is no danger for them , ALL the good of the damned being dead , ALL possibility of redemption for the damned being eternally gone , to See God's justice worked on them via the place and the devils.
But
I am not yet in the same state as the church triumphant , pray for me please- you may be , yet while alive the enemy remains wiating at the door like a ravening slick lion.
I suspect that maintaining any such longings of, as it were, seeing not just divine justice, but justice meeted out on a particular person are bad for one's soul , hence for one's moral and psycological and bodily health.
The church removed the first verses of the psalm about Criminal babilonia where the exiled hebrews lament over jerusalem and wish to see babilonia babies heads bashed against it's walls.
Christ's own words Eli Eli lama sabactani are too hard for the touchyfeelies to expunge from the liturgy . St Paul left instruction about making it up with the brethren at nightfall..... Im saying , than any cold modern gutless testicleless bloodless liberal trendy , it's probably more human , preferably as our Lord did in a psalm enDing in confidence in God,to express and let out and let go of this earthly body's natural feeling and sentiments (the mind is part of the body, sark) in this case disgust , repugnance, loathing of perceived evil acts ,proper natural disgust, at certain conducts, be they by close or be they by public figures - but it's very unwise and gives the satan massive leverage over us if night we reach ,and sleep the emotion into ourselves like the wind changing and "fixing the expressionon on one's face" , as twere, like my grandma always said when i d put a right face on.
The cloud of unknowing:
Of no man's soul may ye judge, but of men's acts may ye judge , whether they be for good or ill.
As a teenager, m'father gave me a bollocking for cursing someone we both knew to rot in hell. Not for the fellow's sake, partly certainly , but more for mine.(also partially because he knew that any baptized christians blessings - and curses - are effective , I was just heedlessly expletifying)
Im not your father , he put it better than I have,(including a strong tonguelashing ) , I hope you'll take this brotherly !
Bless your enemies! Unquote.
I finding cursing even of actions, plans etc a bit dangerous
God Bless YOU!
God bless you, too, Mike and good to hear from you.
My post was only half serious. I agree with completely. My mother, the wisest woman I have ever known used to tell me, "Let not the sun go down on your wrath."
Exactamundo!
Nil carborundum ilegitimi, (blessing said ilegitimi while we're at it)
You probably had a sounder grounding in the faith then I,so no news at all to you but again for the record, mostly not new to me , and with a different emphasis , what I had neither remember ever seeing fully written out nor all together, handylike .Fr Z had a nice thing related to this
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2016/09/how-to-pray-the-cursing-psalms-against-our-enemies/
Not quite as much fun as the wusser side (mine) of a wouldbe muscular catholic might secretly be wishing for , but there it is: HOW TO PRAY THE CURSING PSALMS
Brilliant, Mike, and just what I need.
Thank you very, very much and God bless!
God bless you too!
Post a Comment