Sonnet
It’s funny looking back. When I was young,
I thought I’d be a poet and turned out
Some six half-decent lyrics worth a shout,
A hundred which are better left unsung.
Rifled my brain for tropes, bells not yet rung
Anything to be read and talked about.
Then came the cold suspicion, icy doubt:
I lacked poetic passion. So I flung
My work away. Now, altered, old, and tired,
I footle in my verbal potting shed:
Ideas like bulbs and seedlings dry and dead,
Their germination date long, long expired.
Hot bilious anger's now my motivation,
Polemic doggerel its sublimation.
Out Of Don Milani’s Pig’s Mouth, Or: Defence of The “Marginalised” Is The
Best Indication Of Sexual Perversion.
-
The lurid translations of that big, fat, lurid pig called Don Milani are
here. I have read the Italian version and can assure you the translations
are actu...
14 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment