Friday, April 22, 2011

YUP IT'S EARTH DAY AGAIN!

And I had forgotten. Many thanks to http://thatthebonesyouhavecrushedmaythrill.blogspot.com/2011/04/earth-day.html for reminding me.

Never mind, there's still time to make a bonfire of those old tractor tyres I was saving for something, and the local shop is still open, where they sell 'delfynki' (dolphin steaks).

I can barbecue them now but eat them tomorrow as they're meat.

But I still lack one spectacular gesture.......

3 comments:

Teresa said...

You could use as much electricity as possible in your house.

Brian H. Gill said...

I remember the first Earth Day - and the decades of silliness that followed.

I also remember watching house-sized rafts of suds floating down the Mississippi: But that was decades back.

The point is that, nitwittery and daft public policies aside, there's a common-sense approach to 'environmental awareness.' And, no surprise to me, the Catholic Church has been describing it for years.

One of my Earth Day posts: "Earth Day, 2011: Pandas are Cute, but Let's Get a Grip" (April 22, 2011)

Left-footer said...

Brian - sorry to have taken so long to reply. I read your excellent blog on the subject, and of course agree that proper stewardship of what we have on Earth is a Christian duty, provided that abortion and euthanasia have no part in it.

Privately, I am usually (I hope) environmentally friendly.

My perennial problem (unlike Cleopatra) is not with the message, but with some of the dafter messengers.

Hope you had a joyful Ester. God bless.