More doggerel from Smirk
Into the fields to harvest
The fruits of Vatican II!
We are the Easter People
And we the Church renew.
"What are these fruits," you ponder,
That you so keenly reap?"
We've Joy and Love and Wonder -
Let Faith and Reason sleep!
There were no fruits from doctrine
Or from obedience blind,
But we are now so fruity,
It sometimes blows our mind.
We speak in tongues and prophesy
"Yah! Bliffer Blaffer Bloo!"
The Spirit so baptises us,
That all we say is true.
We don't need popes and bishops
We've each got Direct Lines
To our heavenly Big Daddy,
So we are all divines.
When Roma loquitur, we know
Causa is not at end
We may accept Rome's opinion
If it suits the latest trend.
The Fathers of the Council
Said, "From the experts, seek
The wisdom of the worldly
The freedom of the freak!"
We've done it: See how worldly
And freaky are we all!
At every Mass there's schmalz and slop -
Don't we just have a ball!
Oh let the Rhinish water
Into the Tiber flow,
And Luther's vermicular food
On us his strength bestow.
Huss, Henry 8, Barth, Nietzche, Pan
Mohammed, Buddha, Kung
They offer us their treasures -
Let us their glories tongue.
That lovely lady Brosselmans
Said Mass is like Diwali
Or Eid ul Fatr festival -
That's really up our alley.
Now ours is really a shebang
With loud and joyful praise.
Who needs old-fashioned reverence
When we our voices raise
In gibberish and rigmarole,
"Oh wazza wazza whizz!"
And pogo up and down the aisle
While the celebrant does his biz?
Oh sweet to the Ears of Abba dear
Is our loud hullabaloo,
A glorious Harvest Home for us,
We fruits of Vatican II!
(Tune: We Plough the Fields and Scatter")
Leo’s Tea-For-Two “Law Of Attraction”
-
Some day, I think that this guy is just really, really dumb. But then I
reflect that first, nobody can be that dumb, and second, that he must have
had, dur...
1 week ago
2 comments:
'We speak in tongues and prophesy
"Yah! Bliffer Blaffer Bloo!"
The Spirit so baptises us,
That all we say is true.'
You are confusing liberals and charismatics here. They are not the same bunch.
The last three Popes have affirmed the Charismatic movement.
'VATICAN CITY, MAY 4, 2008 (Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI is encouraging and praising the work of the Charismatic Renewal in its commitment to promote communion.
The Pope affirmed this in a letter sent through his secretary of state, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, to the members of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (Rinnovamento nello Spirito). The movement members are gathered near Rimini, Italy, for their 31st meeting. The annual celebration began Thursday and is focusing on the theme "Regenerated by the Word of God" (1 Peter 1:23).
More than 20,000 people are participating in the meeting. In Italy alone, the Charismatic Renewal has more than 200,000 members, among 1,900 groups and communities.
The papal letter stated that "His Holiness praises and encourages the commitment with which the Charismatic Renewal makes its own and carries forward the effort to promote communion and collaboration among the diverse realities that the same Spirit has brought about in the Church."
The letter emphasized that the Holy Father "always follows the journey of the ecclesial movements with special pastoral solicitude" and that he exhorts the members of the Charismatic Renewal always to "unite with prayer their effective attention to the world's needs and the good of men."
Leaven
In another message, Cardinal Stanislaw Rylko, president of the Pontifical Council for the Laity, hoped that "the themes of the meeting and the days that you will spend together will be a leaven for your renewed presence in families, society and human history."
http://www.cfnews.org/Ben-Chars.htm
I think they even mentioned Vat II positively in some of their writings. I dunno though, since joining blogger, it's as if everyday, a new plot is uncovered by them in the 'know' about the authentic movements of the Holy Spirit. And there was me, thinking I'd been taught He blows where HE wills.
"I shall pour out My Spirit on all the earth"
Who said that? With what authority?
Gently ribbing here, my friend (I hope we're friends?) as I do like the odd banter/argument, when done lovingly.
I'm sure you'll be able to encourage my more trad side, to grow, too!
Of course we're friends. I didn't write this, but 'Bishop' Bogus Smirk, whose drivel can be found at http://bishopsmirk.blogspot.com/, if you have a strong stomach.
I would not of course presume to contradict three Popes, though I did disagree with beloved Blessed JP II over the shenanigans at Asissi (a Buddha on the altar, no less).
But I would maintain that language is inherently reasonable, as is music, which is also very mathematical. Language, properly used, conveys meaning; music can convey emotions and spiritual profundities possibly beyond the reach of language. In the case of Wagner (I think) the profundities, such as they are, which are conveyed are downright foul and evil, but that's another story.
I have witnessed 'speaking with tongues' as described in an earlier post, and was deeply suspicious of the clear exhibitionism of the speaker, and of the meaning, which he interpreted himself. God gave us language for praying, poetry, philosophy, and for communication, so I doubt the value of by-passing it with mere sound.
The Holy Spirit certainly pours Himself out on the Earth, as evidence by the Saints, musicians, poets, and so on.
I hope my verses did not give you offence.
God bless!
Post a Comment