Friday, September 2, 2011

Shipwreck Ahead! Insecure? Angry?

Lawrence England of That The Bones You Have Crushed May Thrill has posted here about what a certain Fr Brennan sees as the anger and insecurity of some Catholic bloggers and why they should not be read.

I am usually angry, and sometimes insecure.

So go ahead and don't read me.

In Lawrence's combox I have given my reasons, and I guess those of others, for my own anger, and I urge anyone who still sometimes reads this blog to do the same.

Imagine you are one of the crew of a ship at night. The ship's officers are in dispute as to how to read the compass, the charts are unclear, some members of the crew are mutinous, and there's a storm brewing.

Scared and angry?

I am.

10 comments:

Richard Collins said...

Taking deep breaths ans waiting for the thin red mist to disappear.
Trouble is, in these sad times, we do need to identify where people are coming from, liberal, conservative, fundamentalist. Fr Brennan is, I believe in the liberal camp (yes, I know we are all Catholics). I just wish he would name the blogs he is talking about, I don't recognise his descriptors.

A Catholic Comes Home said...

I was going to comment....but I guess I am too far up my own bottom!

Left-footer said...

Richard - my red mist hardly ever clears.

I, too, wish he would name names, so I can put them on my blogroll.

Left-footer said...

A Catholic Comes Home - Oh go on and comment! I know your blog and you're worth listening to.

A Catholic Comes Home said...

Hmmm.That particular post seems to have vanished!

Anonymous said...

Fr Pat Brennan is most certainly not a liberal priest..I'm shocked that anyone could think it..so sad..

I'm sure the bloggers who don't accept the magisterium no who they are!

Anonymous said...

Or "know" even!

Left-footer said...

Jackie Parkes - I don't know Father Brennan, but remember that he felt that some bloggers were driven by feelings of insecurity. I was at pains to explain my own feelings of insecurity and the reasons for them and for my anger.

Thank you and God bless.

Jessica said...

My feeling is that I write my blog to express my own thoughts, good or bad, and if you don't like them, then don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Left-footer said...

The Ranter - Love it! Your blog is very congenial.