Wednesday, September 29, 2010

HAVIN' IT LARGE

Yup, it's me, Ol' Smirky, and I'm back, much to Leftfooter's chagrin. Poor guy thinks I'm a hacker, but he hasn't cottoned on that I'm just his liberal alter ego! Heh! Heh!

When I was at school, our R.E. teacher told us that Jesus wasn't talking about Heaven, pie in the sky, and all that stuff. No!

He was talking about having life abundantly - here and now, on Planet Earth! Talking about -

HAVIN' IT LARGE!

Not the Kingdom of Heaven, but the Rule of God.

And was that schoolteacher right? Right on!

Sooo, that's what we Catholic Christians should be doing - having it Large!

The Big Vision. The Big Society!

Tony Blair and his Faith Foundation really hit the nail on the head when they opined that all Faiths have a part to play in forging a better, fairer, Britain.

Catholic Voices too. They really smacked down John Smeaton and his hardline 'prolife' bunch of reactionaries.

Talk about Taleban Catholics!

On second thought, no, please don't. We've all had about enough of them, from Pio Nono to anti-Semite Pius XII, not to mention all the other Catholic nutters.

We should be proud to play our part, as a really inclusive church, in creating a bigger, better Britain.

So, let's be a really Catholic Church (Catholic = universal = inclusive), and open our doors and break bread with all who sincerely seek the Truth, whether our Muslim brethren, or Hindus, or Wiccans, or Uncle Tom Cobbley and All.

And, maybe, the next Pope will be a Unitarian.

Remember - THINK BIG!

3 comments:

Optimusmastro said...

The next Pope(esse) will be a gender neutral social justice oriented person, engaging in dialogue with everbody/thing in order to find the human experience that we can emotively relate to,..(Not bad eh? I learned how to speak liberalese...hehe)

Left-footer said...

Brilliant - I need lessons in liberalese. How much do they cost?

Teresa said...

The next Pope will be tolerant.