Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stalin Joke 1

Jokes about Stalin abound, all bitterly cynical. Humour was of course an important safety valve for people in the Warsaw Pact countries.

It's Stalin's birthday in 1950, and the Great Teacher is making a speech to a vast audience of commisaars etc.

About three hours into his oration, someone in the audience sneezes.

Stalin stops, hands on hips, and asks mildly, "Who sneezed?"

Silence.

Again he asks, "Who sneezed?"

Again silence.

"Guards," he says gently, "shoot the front row."

The guards obey, and the front row slumps to the floor.

"Again I ask who sneezed?"

Again silence. "Guards, shoot the back row."

They obey.

Then a man in the middle stands up. "It was I who sneezed, Comrade Stalin."

Stalin beams. "Bless you!"

2 comments:

jangojingo said...

I found this one that also made me laugh...
Stalin's ghost appears to Putin in a dream, and Putin asks for his help running the country. Stalin says, "Round up and shoot all the democrats, and then paint the inside of the Kremlin blue." "Why blue?" Putin asks. "Ha!" says Stalin. "I knew you wouldn't ask me about the first part."

Left-footer said...

Briiliant! Thank you.