Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fine Post on ++ Vin from Ttony at The Muniment Room

Please read it. It is here - http://ttonys-blog.blogspot.com/2011/07/vin-on-kneeling.html

I muted my comment on Ttony's blog. On my own, I can be my usual, nasty, proudly bigoted self.

I have invited into my house, eaten with, and drunk with, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, non-Catholic followers of Christ, and agnostics, all of whom I was proud to call my friends. They have done the same for me. They were, in my view, honourable people, with principles, religious or not. 

I would not allow a disloyal, time-serving, nuancing, Pope-belittling-and-patronising Catholic, lay, ordained, or consecrated, who accepts the current UK law on sex-education, who approves the Soho Masses, and who deprecates everlasting Catholic Doctrine,  to enter my house. I would not eat with him, drink with him, or allow hin to talk to my dog (I have no dog, but no matter).

"Chance would be a fine thing," do I hear you say? It would indeed, and very satisfying use I would make of it.

I hope I make myself clear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must like I like your usual nasty, proudly bigoted self ;)

And you are absaolutely spot on.

Mundabor

P.s. by the by, you'll notice that someone has posted on the muniment room the same page of useful information about ++Vin's exploits that I have written about.
You may want to consider giving it some place in your blog perhaps?

Mundabor

Left-footer said...

Mundabor - I recently blogged about it - http://left-footer.blogspot.com/2011/07/fascinating-new-blog-dedicated-to.html - but will do so again. You are right. It cannot get too much publicity.

I wonder if the 'magic circle' will try to shut it down.

Thanks for the prompt and God bless.