Gregg, at A Brief Encounter comments on today being the grimmest day of the year.
I can recommend a fine remedy for winter depression, a tonic popular in the countries round the Baltic Sea.
Thirty of us did it yesterday at Stegna, a resort not far from Gdańsk. After Mass, of course. I didn't take the photographs which sadly don't show us actually swimming.
The air temperature was -3 Celsius and the sea +1 Celsius. With high wind and waves, (unfortunately no snow to roll in on the beach, because the high tide and storm had washed it all away), and the prospect of fish soup and tea with added vodka after the swim, winter swimming really makes you feel you could kill a lion bare-handed or eat a brontosauros - raw.
Try it once, and you'll want to do it every day.
Out Of Don Milani’s Pig’s Mouth, Or: Defence of The “Marginalised” Is The
Best Indication Of Sexual Perversion.
-
The lurid translations of that big, fat, lurid pig called Don Milani are
here. I have read the Italian version and can assure you the translations
are actu...
14 hours ago
5 comments:
I might just try that Chris, especially with fish soup and vodka to look forward to.
Fish soup and tea with vodka sounds good. Not sure about the rest of it though!
Gregg - Go for it!
Chris - the rest of it is even better.
It's fun to watch the spectators, muffled up in hats, boots, and furs, blowing their noses, coughing and sneezing while we (aged 10 - 80) go for a run and then swim. It's a great cure for the common cold.
Bravo, I do not know English and I use the google translator, I see that you liked cold baths
Psotny Morsik :-) - Witam! Masz rację - bardzo lubię.
Post a Comment