I am working on my contribution to Mulier-Fortis's meme (hate that word, coined by Dorkins) and, if no one else has already done so, will propose one of the most re-readable books I know, Chesterton's The Flying Inn. Written over a hundred years ago, it describes an ultimately unsuccessful Muslim takeover of England.
If you are as sceptical as I am of the value of German "higher" Biblical criticism, and are not already familiar with it, read Chapter IX of Chesterton's book. It reflects my views entirely. It is also extremely funny.
Leo’s Tea-For-Two “Law Of Attraction”
-
Some day, I think that this guy is just really, really dumb. But then I
reflect that first, nobody can be that dumb, and second, that he must have
had, dur...
1 week ago
2 comments:
There is evidence in your blog of anti-German racism. I am thinking of reporting you.
The Flying Inn was never one of GKC's novels that I'd considered reading. Added to my list now.
Post a Comment