Friday, February 17, 2012

I see Trevor Philllips is at it again

I see that Trevor Philllips is at it again - Daily Telegraph report, reportedly saying,

To me there’s nothing different in principle with a Catholic adoption agency, or indeed Methodist adoption agency, saying the rules in our community are different and therefore the law shouldn’t apply to us. Why not then say sharia can be applied to different parts of the country? It doesn’t work.”

Keith Porteous Wood, director of the National Secular Society, said Mr Phillips was “absolutely right”. “If society has decided that it wants to ensure by law that every citizen of this country has equal rights, then there cannot be endless exemptions for religious bodies or anyone else,” he said.“There is no such thing as partial equality, and every time an exemption is made, someone else’s rights are compromised."

One might ask these two great thinkers to consider, whether there is a right to adopt, as opposed to a right to be adopted. The first relates to the adopter as the primary possessor of a right and the child as a commodity to which everyone is entitled. The second makes the welfare of the child paramount.

Or have I missed something?

2 comments:

Craig Prostak said...

You are obviously a very afraid person, as you show by your pretended looking down on people who you know are cleverer and more influential than you are.

I myself am very indebted to Mr Phillips and Mr Porteous-Wood for there respect and upholding of the laws of the land which guarantee my and your freedom from discrimination and worse things.

What makes you and your tired old blog so specially clever?

Left-footer said...

Craig Prostak - if that is your real name, I have not deleted your comment, much as it gets up my nose, only because I revel in your entertaining illiteracy and stupidity.

Please frequent my pages and brighten up my otherwise dull days.