As reported on Mercatornet, Dr Rowan Williams has stated without ambiguity, 'nuancing', shilly-shallying, or any pretence of tact, that "the law has no right to legalise same-sex marriage”.
As a former member of the Church of England with happy and affectionate memories of what it once was (or seemed to be), I rejoice at the courage and forthright honesty of this much-maligned man.
Contrast Arcbishop Nichols's reported remarks (Catholic Herald) on civil unions.
We know that Archbishop Nichols was very disappointed at the government's plans for same-sex 'marriage', but we're sick of Horlicks and shandy from the Catholic Hierarchy. We want the hard stuff, straight, no soda water.
What about it, Archbishop Nichols?
Leo Is A Faithless Attention Whore With The Alibi Jesus, And He Knows It.
-
Looking down on the past posts of this blog, I noticed that, whilst I have
touched very recently on Leo’s, meanwhile quite extreme, attention whoring,
I ha...
3 days ago
4 comments:
Hear, hear.
A clear, unambiguous statement from His Grace would be most welcome.
Richard - We must be patient :)
My first thought was 'Who pushed Archbishop Williams off the fence?'.
Good on him though. Would be nice to see Archbishop Nichols come out with something concrete as well.
Chris - interesting as to what pushed him of the fence. Conscience, maybe? I hope so.
As for Archbishop Nichols, not concrete, I think. More likely something amorphous and flexible.
Post a Comment