The following remarks were made, according to The Daily Telegraph, by Archbishop Vincent Nichols.
The old language – of mortal sin, for example – was, he says, a misguided attempt to motivate the faithful. (I quote from D.Telegraph.)
"Fear is never a good motivation. The whole point of the Catholic journey is that it is a journey, and we try to hold together high ideals and understanding. That is the same for people who struggle in whatever way with their sexuality. It's an aim."
Sonnet addressed by a greatly relieved sinner to Archbishop Vincent Nicholls.
(I have tried, as you will see, to be gender-inclusive.)
Archishop, have you told Beelzebub,
If, as you say, there is no mortal sin,
That he and his boss may as well chuck it in
And close Hell as redundant? Can we now scrub
The Ten Commandments? Follow, without fear,
Our journey of understanding and ideals?
And what if one of us rapes, murders, steals?
(S)he was unmotivated, as you made clear.
Relieved I sigh, pursue my pilgrimage -
Sorry, I meant journey. At the end,
A champion sinner, but to ideals a friend,
With Lenin, fearless of Hell's unending rage,
Of Purgatory's fire I'll feel no fright.
But tell me, Archbishop, have I got that right?
Homosexuality, Padre Pio, And Great Uncle George.
-
There is, apparently, another fashionable VII priest who is doing very fine
in the US. A sort of Corapi 2.0, or, if you wish, a Barron pre-bishopric.
His n...
14 hours ago
2 comments:
What a relativistic, wimpy Archbishop that needs to do some serious soul searching.
Teresa - I guess you know LUX OCCULTA's excellent blog on Wordpress (http://lxoa.wordpress.com/)
He's been republishing 50 year old CTS pamphlets, written in the language of rock-solid Faith and certainty.
We've lost the Church Militant, and replaced it with the Tactful Church, God help us!
Post a Comment