Who prop, thou ask'st, in these sad days, my mind? (Matthew Arnold)
Among others, Fats Waller, here on YouTube - Your Feet's Too Big and Ain't Misbehavin' and My Very Good Friend the Milkman Says
Happy, funny, clever, innocent, and a great pianist. If he doesn't bring a smile to your face, and perhaps tears to your eyes, I shall be surprised.
Banish Wagner to the jakes where he belongs, and listen to Fats Waller, a little piece of Heaven.
A genius. God rest his soul.
Leo’s Tea-For-Two “Law Of Attraction”
-
Some day, I think that this guy is just really, really dumb. But then I
reflect that first, nobody can be that dumb, and second, that he must have
had, dur...
1 week ago
2 comments:
Ah, the great Fats Waller - remember Mahalia Jackson also Chris?
I do Richard. And what about Adelaide Hall, who sang with Duke Ellington's orchestra?
Next post will be a link to Creole Love Call, one of the most lovely things I have ever heard.
Post a Comment