I offer this in all seriousness. When I am suffering from the condition, the following remedy never fails:
For costive bloggers with THE BLOCK
Faced with a sullen, empty page,
The laxative that will unlock
Your literary bowels is RAGE.
To specify, Vin Rouge's* blather,
Dawkins**, or Beattie*** will suffice
To get your brain-cells in a lather
- You'll be raging and blogging in a trice.
* I am greatly indebted to Richard Collins (Linen on the Hedgerow) for this gem, which is not mine.
** As in Richard Dawkins, a deluded scientific hack.
*** Tina Beattie, from whom the Pope seems strangely unwilling to learn. Perhaps he simply has not heard of her.
Leo’s Tea-For-Two “Law Of Attraction”
-
Some day, I think that this guy is just really, really dumb. But then I
reflect that first, nobody can be that dumb, and second, that he must have
had, dur...
1 week ago
5 comments:
This one is excellent.
I wonder if "++Vin Rouge" might be a last straw: he doesn't look lke a drinker. His lips are thin and calculating: you can't visualise them embracing a glass.
All of which has started me on another train of thought: do you seriously believe that any of this crowd has a sense of humour?
Ttony - thank you! It's inelegant, but so were Donne's satires - his deliberately so.
I would guess that Vin's tipple would be Wincarnis, as reputedly drunk by Harold Wilson, who had a very horrible mouth.
Perhaps he drinks it out of a tea-cup, like the nun in the old joke.
Sense of humour! That lot? Hah! Never!
Just to be clear, "that lot" referred to the 2nd and 3rd luminaries in the footnotes, not the first, whose blog is one of the best.
Tina Beattie? As in Christina Beattie from Florida USA?? She's a little pitbull for the Faith! She's awesome!
Marco - don't worry, not Christina Beattie from Florida, but Professor Tina Beattie from London UK, not a pitbull for the Faith. Quite the opposite.
Post a Comment