Thursday, October 27, 2011

Uneasy Reading about Sexual Offences by Teachers in Schools. H/T to OTSOTA

A very disturbing story unfolds on Sceptical Thoughts Blog about the way the Catholic Church in England and Wales is said to deal with sexual offences against children.

I cannot take sides, because I know nothing of the facts.

3 comments:

Marco said...

From the looks of it,..'passing the buck?'

Richard Collins said...

Sad but true, a Plymouth Diocesan
was jailed for 12 months yesterday for having pronographic images on his computer.
I hope he had been CRB'd.

Left-footer said...

Marco - Yup! In the UK Catholic Church, the buck is well-greased and just doesn't seem to stop. Holiness seems more common in the laity.

Richard - I remember over 30 years ago (at a state school where I taught) the senior master saying, at a staff meeting, "We're all pederasts. That's why we like teaching."

There were a few nervous giggles.

He was wrong, but the job does sometimes seem to attract the wrong type. A bit like politics, mutatis mutandis.