Fifty years ago, while I was still a teenager, a gay bachelor had girlfriends, few responsibilities, and went to parties. He was decidedly heterosexual.
Then we lost 'gay', that beautiful word, and have not replaced it.
'Left-footer' has always been a term of affectionate mockery for Catholics, and it is listed as such in the Urban Dictionary, which, however, gives as a second usage, 'homosexual'.
A comment on another blog made me change the name of mine. I don't like the new name so much - Odysseus is described by Homer as 'polytropos = 'of many wiles', 'resourceful' in the second line of the Odyssey. I can't really lay claim to such a flattering title.
So I think tomorrow I will revert to the original, perhaps with a heterosexist note attached.
Sorry if I've caused some confusion.
Leo’s Tea-For-Two “Law Of Attraction”
-
Some day, I think that this guy is just really, really dumb. But then I
reflect that first, nobody can be that dumb, and second, that he must have
had, dur...
1 week ago
9 comments:
I like 'Left-Footer'. Being left-handed I say it is your human right to be 'Left-footer'. Don't let the righties stop you! :)
Yes, I can recall when only Generals had aides!
Stick with Left Footer.....it's more Catholic than homosexual!
Cailin - you're right - thank you.
Richard - hilarious!
That is a decision Joan of Arc would have made :)
@ Left-Footer
As a southpaw I think you deserve a St Nicholas style left-hander for all the trouble and confusion that you are causing :-)
There is nothing 'Gay' or 'Happy' about being a practising homosexual - In fact to act against our true nature can eventually only bring misery. The appropriation of this word was callously done with a political motive to drag others into the same misery!
Carry on being Left Footed!
Note to liberal elitists,..if you don't stop hijacking words,..I'll be forced to my left foot somewhere,..
signed the Left-Footer
@ Marco
My old training partner Dave Lamptey has just returned from the IFBB World Masters Championships Antalya, Turkey 11th-12th December 2010 - 20 December 2010 http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/tm.aspx?high=&m=4252410&mpage=1
Dave can advise you on how to build two strong legs as at the moment both your left and right leg could do with some serious development work before you consider putting them anywhere.
Yes, we stole "gay" from the English language, but at the same time we returned "faggot" to the English language, a net gain to the English language of 3 letters. Thank us nicely and move on.
I've never heard "left-footer" used to mean "gay": both the gayest and the straightest Catholics I know always use it to refer to being Catholic (or sometimes, "kicking with the other foot"). So really, don't be so paranoid about it. You'll get worried about wearing green on Thursdays next.
Post a Comment