Thursday, February 10, 2011

THOUGHTS ON GROWING OLD

When I was a little child
I loved my mummy and daddy.
At 21 girls drove me wild.
I was an amorous laddie.


Once married, wife and children were
The fuel and oil that kept me
Working. Now old,  rage is my spur:
I pray God will accept me.

7 comments:

The Babylonian Exile said...

o**.....we don't allow that word around here :)....unless we're talking about furniture or books.

Thanks for your validation over at NLM (I'm Anonymous @ 10:53..or something close to that). I took a wrong turn on the www and landed amongst the deep thinkers.

I realized I was in an intellectual minefield but Fr. R's snarky retort(in the opinion of my very simpleminded self) got my Irish up.....which is quite unlike "getting one's Canadian up"....or even "getting one's Swiss up".

I sure hope there isn't a philosophy &/or Theology quiz at the Judgement. Life in Babylon has dulled my senses and I'm not as smart as I once was. I've been told there maybe an essay on Chesterton though. I'm working on The Everlasting Man right now.....just in case.

Anyway, thought you might already know about this, but if you haven't seen it.....

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/features/2011/01/19/ten-catholic-heroes-of-the-holocaust/

Peace of Christ to you.

The Babylonian Exile

Left-footer said...

I don't know if you wrote this, but I guess I detect your expert knowledge here -

"Example: Reginaldus is wearing a wire to collect information on the mafia. If the thug asks, "Are you a cop," he says, "No," because he's a civilian volunteering for the police. But if the thug notices a hesitation, as Reginaldus thinks carefully as to whether his answer is a lie or a reservation, the game's up. Then again, if the thug asks, "Are you wearing a wire? Did you bring any kind of listening or surveillance device" Reginaldus will not say, "No," because that would be a flat falsehood, so he tries to change the subject and asks what the thug thought about the Super Bowl. The thug, however, has read a post like this and recognizes the evasion, so he knifes Reginaldus and finds the wire on his now-dead body."

Your scenario is a brilliant refutation of these deep-thinkers' crap! You'll find nicer, cleverer, less anal people on the blogroll on the right.

Not me - I'm not clever, just angry.

God bless, and the peace of Christ be with you too.

Left-footer said...

The Babylonian Exile - P.S. If you have a blog (I think perhaps not) please post a link here. It's bound to be a good one.

If you haven't you should consider starting one.

Greetings from a fellow G.K.C. fan, and God bless.

The Babylonian Exile said...

Thank you for your kind words, Mr. Left-Footer. No, that wasn't me.....yes, I thought it was a very good response,too.

Me blog? Hmmmm.....I'm not witty, clever, bright, astute, profound,......I haven't had an original thought since 1969 (@age 16) but I'm told I can tell a pretty good story if I keep it to single and two syllable words. And hey, I do live here in Babylon....there's post worthy material everywhere I look.

I can see it now:

BLOGGING from BABYLON.......today's dispatch

:)

This the Exile signing off from somewhere east of Eden.

jangojingo said...

Me old mate, if God does not accept you then I am F......:)

Teresa said...

God sets the bar high but not too high. God is all forgiving and accepts us for who are, even with all our faults.

Left-footer said...

Paul - thank you, but not true - you're too modest. I hope that for all of us, really wanting, and trying hard, will be acceptable.

Teresa - I hope, and am sure, that you are right.

God bless both of you.