I remember when I was young, reading in the Daily Telegraph Peter Simple column that John Foster Dulles (or maybe another famous American) had taken part in a riot in Paris in protest against the insulting words used by a Sorbonne professor when speaking about St Joan of Arc. If the story was true, I am delighted. I hope I would have rioted too.
What surprises me is that the liberal agenda of child-sexualisation, abortion, promotion of "alernative life-style choices", contraception, euthanasia, and marginalisation of religion has met with only the most muted opposition from Catholics, Jews, Muslims, and any other of those groups being marginalised. The English Catholic Hierarchy seems quite content to go with the flow.
What are the Bishops, Rabbis, Imams, and others doing, apart from going along with the torrent of public opinion makers? Do they hope it will turn out all right? Have they learned nothing from the experience of the Jews, Poles, Gipsies under Germany in the last war?
Or are they, like the Aesopian frogs, scared of exchanging King Log for King Stork ? Will they, following A.A. Milne's advice:
"Always keep a hold of nurse
For fear of finding something worse."?
A horrible, but very moral joke I heard years ago, about two British soldiers standing in front of a German firing squad. They are asked if they have anything to say before they are shot.
"Yes," replies one of them.
"Jim, don't make trouble!" hisses the other.
Out Of Don Milani’s Pig’s Mouth, Or: Defence of The “Marginalised” Is The
Best Indication Of Sexual Perversion.
-
The lurid translations of that big, fat, lurid pig called Don Milani are
here. I have read the Italian version and can assure you the translations
are actu...
14 hours ago
10 comments:
I think many people including priests, bishops, rabbis are wusses today. They lack the courage to speak out against secular society's moral relativism that has run amok.
Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła,
Kiedy my żyjemy.
Co nam obca przemoc wzięła,
Szablą odbierzemy.
Poland has not perished yet
So long as we still live
What foreign force has taken from us
We shall take back with the sword.
It's not worked perfectly, but there's a Poland today and a lot of people proud of being Poles.
Jestem tylko pseudo-Polakiem, ale djiekujemy serdecznie.
I'm only a pseudo-Pole, but we thank you with all our hearts.
The National Anthem has a fine tune, too.
I too think that the 'silence is deafening' when it comes to the marginalized speaking out.
I totally disagree with pointing fingers at everyone else though. History has shown that we get the leadership we deserve. If our bishops are 'wusses', it's simply because we are. It's too facile to say someone should speak up...and it should be "them".
PS: your closing joke about the Brits in front of the firing squad is very funny :-)
Teresa - Agreed. In the UK the Bishops' record for confronting the government is very poor.
ThereseRita - The ordinary laity have little or no influence on the appointment of Bishops, perhaps just as well, and they can hardly be blamed for the pusilanimous bunch in the UK.
I am lucky to live in Poland, where the Church is tough from the top down, after the long struggle it had with the authorities under communism.
Careful with imams : include not for rhetorics sake.
Mike Cliffson - they were included, not for rhetoric's sake, but because much of the recent legslation passed in the UK runts againt their religion too.
Simply put,..balls! They have no balls! Sorry if I'm a little rude but we have to stop sugar coating it...
Marco - Be as rude as you like and as often as you like.
In Polish, "Nie mają jaj." literally "They have no eggs".
Sory for the typo - not "runts" againt their religion too, but "runs".
However the said legislation does seem to be promoted by intellectual and moral runts.
Post a Comment